Saturday 17 June 2017

I feel blue


The prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. It relates as I'm sure you all know to weddings. So imagine my delight when I found a wedding image in the Sunday Times magazine last weekend. It seemed meant to be. But alas I hadn't looked properly and realized too late (the image was glued down) that the article was in fact about divorce. If you look closely at the so-called happy couple you will see what I mean. Oops!

But instead of being annoyed I just had to laugh ,specially as I started playing around with the gentleman on the right. I'm not going into the details of my naughty thoughts and it's in no way a reflection on marriage in general but I did have fun with it. Even more amazing was that the vintage text in the background seemed to want to play along!
Anyway the something old is that vintage text, while the something new is a new found and bought art supply called Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. It looks good enough to eat (don't try this at home, or anywhere else for that matter!). It's lovely stuff and give a great sheen on the finished page. All the pink circles were done with it. For the something borrowed I used a gorgeous envelope send to my by my friend Linda (the red and blue pieces, as well as the postage stamp top right). Thanks so much, Linda. And the blue is reflected in the background as well as in the costumes of the groom and the not so groom.
I used collage with vintage text, Linda's envelope, washi tapes as well as the imagery from the magazine. The background was then done with stencils, baby wipes and Distress Crayons and fluid acrylic paints together with stencil S331 Puddles from Stencilgirl Products. I also used some sequin waste to add the circles.
The Nuvo Embellisment Mousse in pink was used to add the circles as seen above with the large stencil from the August 2015 Stencilgirl Club. It's a shame you can't get the glimmer effect as it looks lovely. Must get more mousse in different colours!

I always feel that basic need for text and in this case settled for words by L. Frank Baum added with a Dymo writer that say: Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again. I think that in future this spread will always make me chuckle a bit and that's not a bad thing.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

I love how this page evolved right in front of your eyes! Love the look on the guy in the lower right corner-a bit devilish I'd say:). Glad you received my envie and could reuse some of it. So much to look at in your yummy layers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails