Monday 26 June 2017

The Chrysler Building

The Chrysler Building is my very favourite out of all the beautiful New York skyscrapers and I took many pictures of it, while there. It even inspired me to make a small quilt as you can see at the bottom of this post. So when I discovered that Stencilgirl Products had produced a new stencil (L502 Art Deco Borders designed by Gwen Lafleur) my squeals of delight could probably be heard in Stencilgirl headquarters! I just had to use it.  What better place to do so than in one of my projects as monthly Guest Designer for them.
 I combined it with the Nathalie Kalbach designed stencil L469 Chicago as well as a stamp from her Urban Scribble set as well as two of my own photographs and some New York themed washi tape (I seem to have a lot of that!).
 You can find a full step by step tutorial for this spread, done in an A4 Dylusions art journal, on the StencilgirlTalk website. I was so pleased to find a quotation I liked by Walter Chrysler himself, no less. I too like to do things! Specially if they involve paint and stencils.
To read more about this small quilt you can go to a previous blog post

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails