Sunday 20 August 2017

A Fairy Tale or an Abyss

A new notebook/art journal was found (from Imagination Illustrated) just in time to do this spread for our prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week. Like the previous two I used for the Joggles prompts this one too is sized 5.3/4 x 8.1/4". I am using it as an art journal so I'm glueing pages together and start with a thick layer of gesso to make it all more sturdy.

Our prompt this week was to be inspired by mythology, fairy tales or folk stories. As you can see it had to be fairy tales for me and the image I used is from my favourite one: Sleeping Beauty.
The background was done entirely by using stencil L568 Crazy Quilts Bold and Beautiful by Stencilgirl Products. I added rubber stamping using a stamp set designed by Nathalie Kalbach, while the focal image, the circular sticker and the Once upon a Time text all came from Alpha Stamps.
The quotation is by Paulo Coelho and was stamped using a mixture of alphabet stamp sets unto vintage paper.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

I think this is so charming, something about the color design, just right!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails