Sunday 22 October 2017

How they fit together

This week's prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: puzzles. I could have sworn we had at least one jigsaw puzzle in the house but if so it proved illusive. I managed to destash some drawers during the search process, but had to accept that I would have to find an alternative solution to actual puzzle pieces.
I started making the background in my 5.5 by 8.1/4" journal by using acrylic paints and the medium stencil from the October 2014 Stencilgirl Club. I then added rubber stamping with a stamp from an ImpressMeNow stamping sheet, followed by more stencilling, again using the previously mentioned stencil as well as the small stencil from the January 2017 Club and the M080 Repetition Stencil. Some collage was added using tissuewrap (7Gypsies).
I then added the puzzle pieces by drawing on the pages using a thick black marker. I found a quotation I liked: "It is not about the pieces, but how they fit together", and cut words and letters from magazines that were then glued unto the pieces as shown with a glue stick.
The final step was some outlining with black and white markers, only within the pieces of the puzzle.

3 comments:

Carole M. said...

So beautiful, Frieda!! Thank you for sharing!! (I, too, love Stencil Girl Stencils!!)
Carole from Chicago, Illinois
USA

Linda Kunsman said...

brilliant way around the actual puzzle pieces Frieda!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Now that's a creative solution to the puzzle puzzle :) Love the colour palette and how you have doodled within the pieces. The sentiment is wonderful and so appropriate for the theme. I found it interesting that you had used an ImpressMeNow stamp because I was looking at two sets today which were calling my name. It's the first I had looked at that site. Gorgeous page, Frieda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails