Saturday 13 January 2018

A is for ART


The prompt this week on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was to : use the letter A. In my book A always stands for ART so that's the road I took in my A5 sized journal. I knew I had a rubber stamp with the word ART on it (from the ARTspecially for you magazine) and began by making a fitting background for that. 
I used stencil S501 Letters on Box Stencil by Stencilgirl Products as well as S526 Shape Shifter and a variety of acrylic paints. When I was happy with the spread I added collage with vintage text from old English and French dictionaries, as well as tissue wrap with a French themed paper (from 7Gypsies). The final collage was the face that came from a painting featuring Margaret of Austria by Jean Hay, also known as The Master of Moulins dating to approx. 1490 (in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY).
Some mark making was added with a variety of markers as well as dripping acrylic paint (white and blue) down the pages. I also sprayed on some circles through sequin waste.

2 comments:

K.L. Stutzman said...

Love seeing “art” used in spreads.

Bonnie Irvine said...

Frieda, this is beautiful! I always love the complexity and simplicity of your art...so much to see and appreciate but somehow never busy. It all flows. Great work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails