Monday 19 February 2018

Capture the Moment

The prompt for last week on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was to feature something you either love or hate. As it was also Valentine's Day during the week I went with something I love and that is photography. The background was done with a heart stencil from The Crafters' Workshop combined with collage of a paper napkin that had hearts all over it. I added rubber stamping using a set of stamps from the Vintage Photography stamp set by Creative Expressions. The man and camera were stamped onto vintage paper and then glued on while the other stamps (text and film strip) were stamped straight onto the background.
I then glued on some preview film strips as you used to get when you had your film developed. They feature flowers in colours matching the spread.
In fact, when I looked at the finished pages, it reminded me of our theme last week in which I used the lyrics to Those were the Days by Mary Hopkin. Those were indeed the days when you had to have your film developed and received the negatives in the shape of a film strip. It brings it home when such nostalgia happened within your lifetime. The text at the top was cut from a pack of pictures developed by Kodak and the slogan Make the most of your Memories resonated with this spread, done in an A5 art journal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails